Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fish & Stuff







These photos are from inside the White Swan Hotel, where we are staying. There is a beautiful river at the base of this waterfall that is full of Koi fish. There is also a huge bird cage with about 15+ birds in another area - I had trouble taking a photo, so you'll just have to trust me ... there are birds.

Funny Factoid: I was explaining to Aina, our Chinese Coordinator, that Koi are illegal in Maine and how the man who owned the Chinese restaurant had fought the state for the ability to keep the Koi. I asked her what the big fuss was and why having Koi might be a problem. Her response ...
"I dunno, we call them goldfish."

There you have it folks. Mystery solved. They're goldfish. Same darned thing!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi Tena, Emily & Rick; I finally figured out how to do this - sort of. What a beautiful baby! I cry every time I see a new picture. Hope all is going well. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I have to live vicariously when it comes to kids since I don't have my own. I am so happy for you. Take care. Love, Judy